Pearson Candy Company is looking for a full time Controls Engineer responsible for designing, developing, and supervising all aspects of PLC programming, Auto Cad drafting, program test install, start-up and service of machinery and/or system integration projects.
- Responsible for controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation, and testing, and start-up assistance.
- Perform necessary automation, PLC programming and Auto Cad drafting and electronics on all equipment and all assigned projects.
- Develop electrical design, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD
- Study the design, layout, and schematics for the purpose of thoroughly understanding the project goals and to organize work schedules to ensure smooth completion of all assigned projects.
- Implement process flow diagrams, line layouts and training to facilitate process improvements.
- Utilize the RedZone software system and other data collection methods to assist in tracking and executing improvements throughout the plant.
- Support the documentation and periodic review of product and equipment specifications for all products, and associate development of in-process testing and /or inspection to assure achievement of required specifications.
- Participate in Team meetings to develop project planning for initiation of new technology or revision of new product lines.
- Work with the Project Team to assure development of methods for addressing issues and requirements on all assigned projects.
- Provide training to Manufacturing Team Members to assure efficient use of equipment, material and space such that operational goals are achieved.
- Manage inside and outside labor, including work schedules, assigned tasks, materials, and output for work done on all assigned projects.
- Assist Maintenance Team in the investigation of equipment failures and difficulties to diagnostics and repair faulty operations, and to provide direction to maintenance crew.
- Acquire the appropriate materials using sourcing and cost effective methods for all assigned projects.
- Manage projects with the purpose of complying with plant quality, safety and sanitation standards.
- Supply documentation and train supervisors and employees on all new equipment.