Pearson’s Candy Company, manufacturer of quality confectionery products since 1909, is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the position of MAINTENANCE MECHANIC on 3rd shift.
We offer competitive pay, paid weekly, plus medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, paid life insurance, short-term disability and 10 paid holidays, an onsite cafeteria with full service vending and free uniforms. (Employees provide work shoes, discounts available.) Convenient location on West Seventh Street in St. Paul, on the bus line and near Highways 35E and 494.
DAYS AND HOURS AVAILABLE:
Fulltime Monday-Friday 3rd shift available. Some Saturdays required.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all production equipment.
- Problem solving machine breakdowns and manufacturing processes in order to maximize production.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Build and fabricate parts.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance requirements.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
- Responsible for working safely and maintaining a safe work environment, following all established safety rules, procedures and policies.
- This is a summary of duties, and does not include all responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with lathes, machining, welding, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Prior diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventive maintenance experience.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to solve machine problems, complete assigned tasks timely, work independently with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of PLC, pneumatic, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Able to work with foods including milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.
- Passing a background check and drug test required before starting work, if offered a position.
Rate of pay for this position is $25.18/hour plus a shift differential for 3rd shift.